Thanks so much Rustygarnersmith and Phoenix for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award! You guys are too kind, really. I’m honestly not looking for awards when I write. But it’s a very encouraging gesture for us writers here… and it doesn’t feel right to not accept it. 🙂
So one of the rules is to share 5 random facts about me. (And y’know, it’s pretty hard to think about random facts like this)…
- I’m scared of honeydew. And I have no idea why. Maybe it’s because I don’t like looking at the texture of the honeydew skin. Or maybe because when I was small I was forced to eat so many honeydews at once…. I don’t know. XD But it gets to the point where I get scared of even looking at it. And even the smell of it makes me ugh… Lol.
- My favorite favorite author is Haruki Murakami. I’ve discovered his books when I was 15, and he is still my favorite until now. His books are quirky, but truly insightful. It’s not exactly what we usually call as “exciting” or “gripping”. And it’s really hard to describe the story or the plot. But it’s like a quiet whirlwind that swept you in, and before you know it, you’re hooked.
- I like to experiment with so many different painting mediums. I’ve tried oil painting, pencil colors, pastels, charcoals, copic markers, inks, pencils, watercolors… etc. But never really concentrate on one medium until I become truly good at it. Haha. But I think discovering the way a medium works is really one of the best parts about being a self-proclaimed artist. 😛
- I have never really learn to appreciate the taste of chocolate, until I was in Uni (which is around 19 years old?) #sweatdrop. But really, I have never been a sweet tooth… and even until now, I’m just at the stage of tolerating chocolate, and barely liking it. Hehehe 😀
- I absolutely love the smell of lavender. In fact, one of the things that I really look forward to every day / as I go home from work, is to light up a lavender scented candle at home. Lol.
I think the blogosphere is full of creative individuals who are just awesome at creating all types of art: whether be it painting, writings, photography, etc. Some are cheerful, and some are haunting. But all of them are beautiful in their own ways. Below are some of my favorites, in no particular order.
And to quote Rusty: “Sorry if this makes more work for you, with all of the other stuff you have to deal with in your lives, but hey, you are creative and you will find a way!” 😀
So here are my nominations:
- Peace, Love, & Patchouli
- Dear Sylvia (Letters to Sylvia Plath)
- Photo Ni Ompong
- Between The Pages
- Jar of Turquoise
- Saneh Pandey
- Words on A Black Board
The rules for the Award:
- Display the Creative Blogger Award logo on your blog
- Thank and tag the blog who nominated you
- Write 5 random facts about yourself
- Nominate a minimum of 5 other blogs and let them know
Congratulations guys! I hope that you will always continue to create and write. 🙂